It’s HERE!!! Today is my Anniversary! WooHoo! Happy 1-Year Blog Anniversary to Anita by Design! First, I want to thank you all for being a part of my celebration this week. I’ve had the best time getting to know my followers. On this anniversary day, I’m full of gratitude because God has blessed me with a gift I can share. He has blessed each and every one of us with something that can be used for the purpose of reaching out to others, for His glory.
What is your gift? If you haven’t tapped into whatever that “something” is for you, I encourage you to take inventory. What is it that you absolutely LOVE to do? What is it that you wouldn’t mind doing for the rest of your life, even if you’re never paid a dime for it? Whatever that may be for you, God can use it to inspire others. People are always watching! Whether you are doing something on purpose to inspire, or just living life day-by-day with no focus, someone is watching. There is an abundance of opportunity out there where we can touch the lives of others. You, who are reading this right now, YOU are gifted. Embrace your gift and use it.
WHAT I HAVE LEARNED
Here is what I have learned during my first year of blogging:
- I am ENOUGH! When I was contemplating this blogging adventure, I expressed my concerns to a dear friend and she said something that has proven to be absolute TRUTH. She looked at me and said, “Anita, you are enough!” I’ll NEVER forget that moment. Hearing those words were “enough” for me to stop doubting what I had to offer. There are tons of sewing bloggers out there, but not a single one can offer what is unique to me. They can’t offer me! I’m the only one who can do Anita. Being myself has proven to be my greatest accomplishment with the blog.
- I need COMMUNITY! There is no way I can do this without engaging with the sewing community. I’m learning how important it is to connect with, support, share, and learn from my fellow bloggers and sew sisters. Being a lone ranger, seeking to do this on my own and keeping everything to myself will yield me one result—FAILURE!!! I need you all.
- TIME MANAGEMENT is golden! This is the area where I need the most improvement. Being a very organized person, I need to have things in order because I function best with a routine. Unfortunately, that has not been the case with my blogging. Getting connected through social media and trying to stay “social” can quickly eat away the time. Although I managed to remain consistent in my posting throughout the year, I have been all over the place in the process. Hahaha! You people probably thought she had it all together, huh? Nope! However, I do plan to get things in order so that I may be more efficient with my time this year. My first step – Purchase a Planner and USE it!!! (Let me insert here while discussing time management. I’m sending a high-five, shout out, fist in the air, and holla to all my blogging sew sisters who post several times a week –Aaaand sew at the same time. This has been WORK for me. I haven’t sewn a SINGLE STITCH all week. Hahaha! You guys are amazing!)
- Stay true to MY STYLE! This kind of fits in with #1, but I think it deserves it’s own title. I must KNOW my style, EMBRACE my style, and REPRESENT my style. Within the sewing community you find a multitude of personal fashion styles. My style is “LADYLIKE!” Yes, I just made that up! Hahaha!!! Honestly, when I get dressed I want to look like a classy lady. Therefore, the garments I sew for myself need to complement that style. Whether it be a pair of jeans and t-shirt, a skirt and tank, a maxi dress, or full ball gown, I want to portray a woman who has confidence and self-respect. Staying in my own lane, staying true to my style, keeps me “Living in my DESIGN, so that God may SHINE.”
It has surely been a blast sharing with you this week. Thank you for joining me, supporting and following my blog, and encouraging me. As I close out my 1-Year Blog Anniversary Week, may I tie it all together and leave you with one final word of encouragement? Make the most of your position in life.
- Know who you ARE! (Day 1) – Every person has a story about how they’ve become the person they are today. Know your story.
- Know your “WHY!” (Day 2) – Make sure you know the why behind what you do. There’s wisdom in purpose.
- Know how you INSPIRE! (Day 3) – Know what it is about you that others are drawn to.
- Know your MOTIVATION! (Day 4) – Know what makes you thrive, and do that.
- Learn, Learn, LEARN! (Day 5) – There is a lesson in everything. Embrace the lessons and grow from them.
That’s all for today. I’m off to celebrate with my husband for the weekend.
Now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for…
Who won the $50 e-Gift Card to Michael Levine Fabrics?
And the WINNER is……
Joseline, you will be notified by email today. You will have 48 hours, from the time the notification is sent, to respond in order to claim your prize. Please check your spam folder if the email doesn’t arrive at your inbox. Another name will be drawn if there is no response within 48 hours (no exceptions).
Thank you for stopping by!
Remember: When you live in your DESIGN, it is from there that God SHINES!